Building a world-class research environment focusing on the Internet of Things and its human users.
The objective of the research profile is to systematically develop and establish an internationally competitive research environment in a well-defined area of knowledge that is relevant to the business partners. In our case the area of knowledge is the Internet of Things with focus on its human users, and the business partners are: Axis Communications, Cybercom, Data Ductus, Eon, Sigma Connectivity, Sigma Technology, Sony Mobile Communications, TerraNet, Verisure Innovation, and ÅF Technology. The researchers involved are mainly computer scientists and interaction designers who will collaborate closely in a number of concrete projects (see below) together with one or more of the business partners. The research will focus on three areas that are crucial for the advance of the Internet of Things: (i) how users interact with the connected devices, (ii) how users can be involved in the development of new IoT services and products, and (iii) how intelligence embedded in the devices can improve the usability and functionality of IoT services and products. The research profile is a seven-year project with a total budget of more than 100 MSEK.
- Context-awareness in Consumer IoT Technologies – CACT
- Cooperative, Self-aware and Intelligent Surveillance Systems – CoSIS
- Emergent Configurations of Connected Systems – ECOS
- Intelligent Support for Privacy Management in Smart Homes – iSMASH
- Interaction in the Smart Home: A Prototype-driven Approach – ISHPA
- Unlocking User Value in IoT – UseIT
Application areas: Involves all application areas of the IOTAP research center: Smart Energy, Smart Living, Smart Transportation, Smart Cities, Smart Health and Smart Learning.
Project period: 2014-09-01 – 2021-08-31
Funding: The project is funded by the Knowledge Foundation, Malmö University, and the business partners.
Contact: Paul Davidsson
Industrial Advisory Board
- Erik Hedén, Sigma Connectivity
- Fredrik Hertzberg, Axis
- Göran Edin, Data Ductus
- Håkan Erlandsson, ÅF
- Johan Zander, Verisure
- Magnus Svensson, Sony Mobile
- Mattias Johansson, Cybercom
- Monthadar Al Jaberi, Terranet
- Niklas Malmros, Sigma Technology
- Per Gustafsson, Eon
Scientific Advisory Board
- Prof. Jan Bosch, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. Director of Software Center
- Prof. Peter Gall Krogh, Aarhus School of Architecture, Denmark. Director of REform – designing social innovation for sustainability
- Prof. Sascha Ossowski, Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain. Director of Centre for Intelligent Information Technologies